Friday, August 6, 2010

Amalia, c. 1918

Beth at The Best Hearts Are Crunchy hosts this weekly gathering of postcard collectors. If you'd like to join, simply go to her blog and enter  by clicking on the linky gadget and following the instructions. Then simply click on the other links to see many other vintage and unusual postcards.


Amalia Rovai (?), c. 1920s. My translation: "To my dear family, sent with affection."

Here is a photo postcard, not of a celebrity (I don't think), but someone who had a picture printed as a postcard, as discussed previously on another member's Postcard Friendship Friday  post. I think the hat, lapels and big flowers indicate the WWI era, but I'm not sure. Her soulful gaze reminds me of those intense close-ups in silent movies.

4 comments:

  1. Love this card! Love hats! Those were the days! Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a hat. Victorian hats are so interesting, and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the feathers on the hat.

    ReplyDelete