Thursday, December 2, 2010

Geraldine Farrar Movy Doll, 1919

This is a copy of the original that I bought several months ago. A Sip of Sarsaparilla wrote about her excellent find of Movy Dolls in August, including Farrar with a costume missing from this copy. I thought it was interesting how Movy Dolls added separate heads for different costumes. Totally confused me when I bought this bag of pieces (some original, some not) of Movy Dolls.

The complete, uncut portfolio of these beautiful dolls went for $296 on eBay this week. It's part of an impressive paper doll collection listed on eBay. See the listing and all the Movy dolls in the set here.

1 comment:

  1. $296 - wow! Wish I had a complete portfolio...but I guess I should be happy that I have a few of each.

    Hey, thanks for pointing folks my way...appreciate it!

    Hope your holiday season is a good one so far...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete