Sunday, July 22, 2012

Recortables Ninon


I love to search for "recortables" on Google images to see Spanish cut-outs. This is one I purchased at the Morgantown luncheon this year. Corto y visto -- cut and see.


Inside, 12 pages, about 5 X 7 inches with front-and-back dolls and clothing. Also, an adorable closet to store all the cut-outs! I'm guessing this was published in Spain, c. 1950s.



Over the next week I'll post the sheets in pairs.

And to see more wonderful recortables, check out this site. 

2 comments:

  1. Huge thanks for all your lovely posts!

    I'm a Spanish speaker and a translator, and I want to tell you that "Corto y Visto" does not mean "cut and see."

    Although "visto" means "seen" (example: fue visto/was seen), it is also a form of the verb "vestir" (to dress).

    So, the correct translation of "Corto y Visto" is "Cut and Dress" in this case.

    I hope you find this information useful.

    ReplyDelete